This Page

has been moved to new address

Want To Have A Molly Handbag Sew Along?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
R.Kay Design: Want To Have A Molly Handbag Sew Along?

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Want To Have A Molly Handbag Sew Along?

I've had some people interested in doing a Molly sew-along so I thought it would be nice to do it for National Sewing Month in September. Since I work full-time and not only have to do the sewing but also write the posts to go along with each step, I'll need to take it slowly.

So, here's the schedule. Oh, and over there to the left, in the pic, that's going to be the fabric I use. I think I'll call her "Uptown Molly"!

  • Weekend of Sept 3rd - 4th:    Cut out all fabrics and interfaces. Fuse interfacing to all pieces.
  • Weekend of Sept 10th - 11th:    Sew exterior and strap.
  • Weekend of Sept 17th -18th:    Sew lining. Join exterior and lining. Finish.

All the posts will be grouped together under the category at the top labeled "Sew-Alongs". Feel free to comment and ask questions on any post. I've also set-up a Flicker Group called - Molly Handbag Sew Along - where you can upload photos to show off your beautiful creations or show detail for a question you have. Feel free to upload any photo pertaining to the sew-along you need to upload.

Be sure to download your free copy of Molly by signing up for my mailing list in the right-hand column or follow this link to enter your info. I'm really excited to get started this weekend and hope we have a lot of fun sewing our Molly Handbags together.

Until later ~

Reba

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At September 1, 2011 at 9:37 AM , Blogger Samantha said...

oops! What a time for me to plan a holiday...I'll start mine the 18th when I get back....at least I'll have lots of inspiration to look at :)

 
At September 1, 2011 at 4:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect timing for me starting Molly too! Will follow the sew along though too!

 
At September 1, 2011 at 6:15 PM , Blogger Reba said...

Cool! I'll have at least three because Ana told me on Twitter that she's going to follow too! And Samantha, don't worry, you won't have any trouble getting caught up.

 
At September 1, 2011 at 7:30 PM , Blogger Jan said...

I want to try the sew along. I like your schedule and hope I can keep up.

 
At September 2, 2011 at 7:13 AM , Blogger Reba said...

Janlynn thanks for joining! And tell your friends!

 
At September 3, 2011 at 12:40 PM , Blogger Reba said...

I cut out all the pieces this morning to start the sew-along. Took tons of pics but still need to write a post about it. I'm going to try to get that done by tonight and then tomorrow the fusing of the interfacing.

 
At September 8, 2011 at 11:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your site via links that caught my attention on other sites. I signed up for and downloaded the pattern and instructions for this project. I also joined the flickr group "Molly Handbag Sew Along". (So far only 2 members, so go to flickr and join so you can share photos of your completed project).
I hope to get my Molly started over the week end.

 
At September 9, 2011 at 7:13 AM , Blogger Reba said...

Hi! Thanks for joining the sew-along, so glad to have you. We got started last weekend so be sure to see the posts I made about cutting and fusing. You should have no problem getting caught up. And yes, for those sewing along with me, join the Flickr group. Just go to www.flickr.com and join if you're not already a member, then search for "Molly Handbag Sew Along".

I'm going to work on the next phase starting tonight, I hope my photos turn out okay. I should have something to post tomorrow. See you then!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home