This Page

has been moved to new address

Molly Loud Flowers

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
R.Kay Design: Molly Loud Flowers

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Molly Loud Flowers

I got to use my new sewing machine this weekend. It was so nice to have such a great machine. If you didn't see my post about getting the new machine, you can read about it in the last post, it's a Janome Memory Craft 6600 Pro.

This is the last time I'm going to make Molly. This run-through was to refresh my memory so I could make final corrections to the pattern. I proofed the pattern this weekend, and now after making the pattern again, I know where I need to add a little more instruction. I'm going to get that done this week and hopefully next weekend I'll be able to get it packaged up to give away.

If you follow this blog I guess you figured out that I changed the name. I'm still on the blogger.com network but plan to move off to a Wordpress blog soon. I'm not sure what's involved and I'm praying it will be unnoticeable to my readers. When I figure it out, I'll keep notes so I can post about it, I'm sure some of you are wondering how to do that as well.

And since I got off topic talking about my blog, just so you know, I really hate the logo I'm using, it needs work. So if you hate it too, it's okay. LOL Hopefully you won't have to look at it for too long. It's top of my list - work on logo.

Anyway, I hope everyone had as good a weekend as I did. Look for Molly Loud Flowers on Etsy this week and the FREE pattern next. If you're interested in a Molly sew-along for National Sewing Month (September 1-30), let me know in the comments section. Oh, but wait, that means I'd have to make Molly again! That's okay, I think I might want to try her out in leather (now my machine will be able to handle it)! So, if you're up for it, so am I, just let me know.

Till later ~

Reba

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At August 14, 2011 at 11:28 PM , Blogger Jill said...

I love this bag - good luck getting your pattern all sorted!and then with your change to Wordpress! I know lots of people have made the change and it went smoothly! I'm sure yours will too!!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

 
At August 15, 2011 at 1:10 AM , Blogger Elle and Lou said...

This fabric is hot (I have something similar on my banner so I am biased). i will be interested in hearing how the change to word press goes. Why the move? i am now following. Lynda

 
At August 15, 2011 at 7:10 AM , Anonymous Rachel (Lines across my face) said...

Cute bag. I especially love the fabric. I would love it if you would stop by and share this at the crafty link party going on right now at Lines Across My Face.
:)Rachel
http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2011/08/cure-for-common-monday-4-craft-link.html

 
At August 15, 2011 at 7:25 AM , Blogger Reba said...

Hi everyone, thanks for the nice notes.

Rachel, I posted at your party - you got some cute kids!

Lynda, I want to change to Wordpress probably because I've used it before and I like how you have so much more control over the way it looks and the way it's laid out. There are a ton of plug-ins you can use to do almost anything you want, even set-up e-commerce.

I'm hoping to build up the site to earn money by selling my patterns and I just think Wordpress will be a better fit for me in the long run.

 
At August 15, 2011 at 7:51 AM , Blogger Jan said...

I would be interested in a sew a long. I love your bag.
Also I am thinking of changing the name of my blog and am glad to see yours went so smoothly.

 
At August 16, 2011 at 9:00 AM , Blogger Shannon said...

I love the bright bold print and ruffles!

 
At August 16, 2011 at 6:23 PM , Blogger Reba said...

Thanks again - working on the finishing touches of the pattern/tutorial tonight.

 
At August 18, 2011 at 8:45 PM , Blogger Mindie Hilton said...

Beautiful, I adore anything with ruffles. You do nice work.

Thanks for linking up at Bacon Time. I am going to have another fun give away at this weeks linky, hope to see you soon.

 
At August 20, 2011 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow this is amazing. The ruffles are a wonderful touch! I would love for you to come link up with the frog! http://kissedbyafrog.blogspot.com/2011/08/frog-blog-linky-10.html
The link with the most clicks get free advertising for a week.
Thanks,
Jenni

 
At August 20, 2011 at 9:59 AM , Blogger Reba said...

Thanks again for the nice comments - I worked really hard on the pattern and appreciate it.

Jenni - I linked up! Also, probably by the end of the week or next weekend the pattern will be available for free here on my blog. Thanks!

 
At August 23, 2011 at 9:42 AM , Blogger Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

i featured this on my facebook page! Feel free to stop by and grab a button. Thanks so much for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday, hope to see you again this week!

 
At August 24, 2011 at 7:34 AM , Blogger Reba said...

Hi Rebecca - thanks for the feature! Nothing new this week but I'll be back with my next project.

 
At August 24, 2011 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love, love, love this!!! Super cute!
Just wanted to hop over and say THANK YOU for linking up with the frog last week! We had a record breaking week; all because of you! Hope you will join us again tomorrow for the par-tay!
HUGS~
Jenni
http://kissedbyafrogonline.com

 
At August 29, 2011 at 7:28 PM , Blogger Reba said...

Hi all,

I thought I'd comment on this post so anyone getting email updates will know that the PDF pattern for Molly is now available for free. Just sign-up in the side-bar. Also, I just bought fabric to make one more Molly - I'm going to do a sew-along to commemorate National Sewing Month in September. Watch for a post tomorrow or Wednesday with the schedule.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home