This Page

has been moved to new address

Sneak Peek of Next Project - Loud Flowers - Making My Own Molly Purse

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
R.Kay Design: Sneak Peek of Next Project - Loud Flowers - Making My Own Molly Purse

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sneak Peek of Next Project - Loud Flowers - Making My Own Molly Purse

Yesterday I had a whole slew of JoAnn's coupons and my daughter just happened to call and see if I wanted to go there. What a great coincidence for me!

We were there over two hours. At first I wasn't going to buy anything (yeah, right), I was just going to help her find fabric for a summer dress. But as I was sifting through all the gorgeous fabric, I broke down.

So, one more test sample for my Molly design will be born. This time I'm going to add a gusset to the sides so it is even bigger. I don't think I'll add that as an option for the pattern, but who knows, maybe.

The loud flower print will be my main body fabric, the black will be the top band and strap. The black and gold calico will be the lining. I don't know if you can see it in the pic, maybe if you click to enlarge, but I got a metal zipper to use on the inside zip pocket. The other day a friend of mine had just spent a lot of money on a new leather Coach purse and was showing it to me. Of course, the first place I looked was how the lining and zip pocket were inserted. It's nice to know it's exactly like I make my zip pockets, whew! Only difference is that the zipper was metal. Yes, it was so luxurious, and zipped so nicely. So, I'm going to use metal this time around and see how it goes.

I'll post the finished product when it's done but I'm not going to start it right away. I promised myself I'd finish the Molly pattern instructions/tutorial first.

Until later ~

Reba

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home