This Page

has been moved to new address

Should I Change The Name of This Blog?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
R.Kay Design: Should I Change The Name of This Blog?

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Should I Change The Name of This Blog?

I just found are really good resource for bloggers new and old (people who have been blogging for a long time, not old people). It's called Business2Blogger at www.business2blogger.com. There I read in a couple of different articles that bloggers should use an easy to remember name and it should be a regular name, like, not with blogspot in it.

REALLY GREAT SITE!!
I used to own the nikkiraes.com domain name at one time a while back. I made it up, it's a combo of my two daughter's middle names, one Nicole and the other Rae. I had a website there for a while and then later after I took down the website, I was going to keep it for the email and access to my web hosting account. I just liked it because it was mine, I'd had it since 2003, and it was my daughters' names. But, to my regret, I forgot about it and missed seeing the renewal notice. I accidentally lost it because I didn't renew. Boo! I was mad at myself for letting that happen, but it happened and there was nothing I could do about it.

Anyway, when I started this blog I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it. Since NikkiRae's was available under blogspot, I went ahead and used it, but why? It doesn't represent anything other than the story above and even after talking to one of my daughters about it, she thought I should dump it.

That day, after the convo with my daughter, I went home and registered RKayDesign.com. That's my name and I'm the designer, seamstress, person doing all this writing...

So, do you think I should change the name of my blog? The Blogger platform will let me change it and it will even forward everything to that domain name, it says in the Blogger set-up that I shouldn't lose any followers. What do you think? Should I change it to www.rkaydesign.com?

Please let me know what you think. Your opinions are important to me.

Reba

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At August 13, 2011 at 10:09 PM , Blogger Reba said...

Well, it's done - I changed the name. Now I need a nicer logo. Taking baby steps here. I also changed the name of my FaceBook page to R.Kay Design. Hop over there and "Like" the page! http://www.facebook.com/rkdesign.com.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home