This Page

has been moved to new address

Purse Sew-Along Progress

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
R.Kay Design: Purse Sew-Along Progress

Friday, June 17, 2011

Purse Sew-Along Progress

I was able to work for a couple of hours on my Sweet Bee Buzzings purse sew-along last night. I finished Part 1 and got about half-way through Part 2. I feel really behind as I noticed Bethany (our leader) has already posted Part 3. But I'll catch-up this weekend, promise.

While sewing last night I took lots of pictures of how to do "the wave" at the top of the purse and thought I might add a little more about how to do it. For anyone who is just starting to sew, this may be a new technique, so I'll do a post tonight or in the morning on just that.

I also want to share my secret on making your top-stitching straight. It may not be text book sewing technique but it sure works for me. I'll do a post on that sometime this weekend.

For now, I've got to go to work. It's Friday and I can wear jeans - YAY! The small stuff really excites me huh? So...

Until later ~

Reba

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At June 17, 2011 at 8:37 AM , Blogger Katy said...

It is looking great, I love the fabric :)

 
At June 17, 2011 at 9:20 AM , Blogger Bethany said...

AAAAAHHHHHH I love it!!!!! I love your fabric choices!!!! And I love that you're posting along as you sew along. I've never done this before, so it helps me see things I maybe should have expanded upon (like fusing the interfacing). I have another one of these bags to make this weekend - I will refine my zipper measurements then (I know what I started out with but forgot to measure the finished length to let everyone know for sure what to get - I get my zippers wholesale so they're cheap for me, but I understand at Joann's not so much). Anywhoodle - would you mind if I linked back to you?

 
At June 17, 2011 at 9:41 AM , Blogger Reba said...

Hi Bethany! Thanks for commenting and I'd love for you to link back. This purse is so cute! I think it's the cutest one I've made yet and I can't wait to finish it. The zipper top is new for me, I've never done a top zipper in a purse, so I'm learning every step of the way. Thank you so much for doing this and sharing your beautiful pattern.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home