This Page

has been moved to new address

Follow Along With Me While I Follow Along

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
R.Kay Design: Follow Along With Me While I Follow Along

Friday, June 10, 2011

Follow Along With Me While I Follow Along

Bethany over at Sweet Bee Buzzings is having a sew-along and I'm going to participate. If you follow the link you can download the pattern and materials list.

I went shopping tonight and purchased my fabric, it's really pretty, if I do say so myself. I'm making the large bag and I didn't realize how big it would be until I went to buy the zipper - 22 inches! So I'm wondering if the top of the bag is 22"...that's REALLY big, I normally don't carry the really big bags but I can always sell it.

This will be the first purse for me with a zipper top. I've added zips to the pockets inside and added zipped pockets on the outside of my Kindle covers, but not a zipper across the top. I purchased a really nice purse zipper. It's a little more sturdy than the nylon zippers like you use for clothing. It also has two pulls, kind of like a gym bag zipper. Only thing is it only came in either 18" or 22" - the materials list said to get a 20" but that she liked using a 22" and trimming it back. This one is a bit more sturdy and I'm not sure if I will be able to trim it or not - I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

This is also the first time for me to put a hard bottom with feet on a purse. I read about it in Lisa Lam's Handbag Bible book but this is the first time for me to actually do it.

Sweet Bee BuzzingsI'm excited to get started but I won't get a lot done this weekend, I'll be lucky to get it cut out. My hubby's cousin is a coach for the Atlanta Braves and they are playing the Houston Astros tonight, tomorrow, Sunday afternoon, and Monday. We're going to the game tomorrow night and having a party Sunday night. I have a lot to do to prep for that. Everything in my sewing dining room will have to be put away for the party.

So I'll get started as soon as I can and show you every step of the way.

If you want to join Bethany and follow along with me, you can get the pattern at:

http://sweetbeebuzzings.blogspot.com/2011/06/sew-along-get-ready.html

Let me know if you're going to follow along - and what do you think of my fabric choice?

Till later ~

Reba

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home