This Page

has been moved to new address

Felting Machine? I Never Knew This Existed

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
R.Kay Design: Felting Machine? I Never Knew This Existed

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Felting Machine? I Never Knew This Existed

I was watching Martha's Sewing Room on my local PBS channel this morning and saw a demonstration of a felting machine. I normally don't watch that show because it focuses on vintage replication and I don't care for that, but this morning I tuned in anyway. I'm so glad I did!

This machine fuses fabrics together and creates a beautiful new fabric. When most people think of felting, they think of using wool felt, but the demonstration this morning used silk. She fused dupioni silk, silk ribbon, and silk organza onto wash-away interfacing, then used the new fabric to create beautiful dresses. I didn't even know a machine like this existed!

I thought it would be a perfect to use silk creations like this as the flap of a clutch purse, so, after the show I looked up 'felting machine' on Google. I found the Janome 725 and to my surprise it only cost around $250. I honestly thought I'd find a machine I couldn't afford but with a little bit of saving, I can have this machine! I'm so excited.

So stay tuned...it may take me a little while to save before I'm able to buy the machine, but I'm definitely going to find a way to buy it.

Right now I'm going to go meet my oldest daughter and a good friend for lunch. Then I'll come back and post my Big Amy Butler Cosmos Bag and the cute Scalloped Pocket Purse on ETSY. After that I'm going to finish the Black and Yellow Clutch and get it posted too.

Later!

Reba

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home