This Page

has been moved to new address

Ella Cord Daisies - Exterior Is Done

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
R.Kay Design: Ella Cord Daisies - Exterior Is Done

Monday, November 21, 2011

Ella Cord Daisies - Exterior Is Done

Ella Cord Daisies is coming along, I finished the exterior shell tonight. This little beauty was really difficult to make. I wanted to do a video that would teach how to make it but I think it's just too hard. I'd like my next pattern to be easy enough for anyone to sew, even those new to sewing, and I don't think this is a good pattern for a novice. The instructions would be too hard to follow, it would even be hard with video. So, I'm going to add the lining to this one and give it to my daughter and move on to the next project. She's going to love it, it's just her style.

I added a pocket with a little ruffle on the outside. I'm going to make a big pocket on the inside for an IPad along with a zip pocket on the opposite side of the IPad pocket. The lining will need to be hand sewed to the inside using a slip stitch.

The zipper is a lighter brown only because I couldn't find a dark one but it matches the color of one of the daisies on the corduroy perfectly so it looks great.

Since I'm looking for a new project, I'm considering making a video instruction of how to sew an Amy Butler bag. I've had a lot of feedback saying the instructions in her books are hard to follow, and I agree, some of the instructions just don't make sense. So I thought it would be good to create instructions on video, kind of a follow-along class setting. I'm not sure what's involved in video, but I'm going to find out. And I'm going to have to get a curriculum put together, so I have work to do. Stay tuned and I'll let you know how it's coming along.

If you don't hear from be before Thursday I hope everyone reading this post (if you're in the U.S.) has a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Until next time ~

Reba

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At November 29, 2011 at 11:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Reba, I read with interest the tip on pattern weights, I have been using them for ages but I went to the fishing store a bought fish weights they are shaped like pryamids and dont get lost, did not think to cover them to make them look nice I think I am tooo impatient for that, but thank for the tip, ps your bag looks great too.

 
At November 29, 2011 at 7:35 PM , Blogger Reba said...

Fishing weights, that's a great idea, I never thought of that. I guess they'd have to the big ones, huh?

Are you the same person that posted last week as anonymous? Just so you know, there's a drop-down box where it says Comment as: click on the little arrow and the box will drop-down. Choose Name/URL and I'm pretty sure it will let you put your name without a URL. Then I will know who you are when you post. Of course, if you want to be anonymous, that's okay too.

Thanks for the comment and thanks for reading my emails each week!

Reba

 
At November 29, 2011 at 8:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reba,
I also use the large washers as pattern weights. I used a strong adhesive, such as E6000 or Gorilla Glue, etc, and just glued 2 together. This way they can stack easily when you want to store them, they are just the right weight. They are not as cute as you plan to do yours, but they are certainly quick, easy, inexpensive and effective.

 
At November 30, 2011 at 6:53 AM , Blogger Reba said...

That's a great idea to glue them together, that will keep them from sliding around. Thanks for the suggestion. I clicked over to your website, you really have some beautiful quilts. Thanks for posting.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home