This Page

has been moved to new address

Survey Results

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
R.Kay Design: Survey Results

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Survey Results

Last week I ran a survey to find out what topics my blog followers enjoy reading. I didn't get a whole lot of responses but I got enough to see that I'm headed in the right direction.

Before I posted the survey I looked back over my posts since I started the site. Overwhelmingly, the posts that included projects, instructions, and handbags were the ones that had comments. Yesterday I added a "Most Popular Posts" widget to the sidebar, and again, overwhelmingly, the posts that deal with purses and handbags came up - check out the sidebar, just scroll down a little - see all the purses lined up one after the other? Those are my most popular posts.

The survey helped me a lot. It confirmed that you don't want to hear about business, how to do blogs,  or anything other than purses, projects, and sewing. It also told me who your favorite designers are, what problems you have when sewing, where you hang out on the internet, and what you like to make.

So, first I want to give a great big THANK YOU to those who took the time to give me input. It is most appreciated. I know each of you has to ration your time and I am so grateful that you gave me a few minutes to respond. I also greatly appreciate that you take the time to read what I write - I can't describe how much that means to me. Thank you, thank you.

How will all this information guide my business and this website? Well, here are the results from the survey:

Favorite Purse/Handbag Designer:  Amy Butler
Favorite Fabric Designer:     Amy Butler
You like to make:     handbags and purses, many currently quilt
Topics you want to read about:      sewing technique, sewing projects (mostly handbags/totes/purses), color matching and trends, fabrics and which to choose, which thread to use, what's the difference with interfacings, sewing needles, altering patterns, sewing machine reviews, adding accessories to a design, e.g., pockets, hardware.
Your problems when sewing: Amy Butler patterns are very hard to follow/confusing, broken needles, color matching, don't know which interfacing
Where you hang on the internet:     Some use Facebook but none use Twitter, you love give-aways, like sew-alongs, and most comment on blogs

And here's my take-away:

I should stick to the subject of the blog which is purses, handbags, and sewing. You guys really like Amy Butler, both her purse designs and her fabric. And you read blogs for fun and to learn how to sew and make handbags (among other things).

So, that's what I'll do, stick to the subject at hand. And thanks again for the input. I'm looking forward to having a clear direction to guide my writing.

Until later ~

Reba

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At November 22, 2011 at 9:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and I thank you for the free pattern. The Amy Butler patterns are nice, but my favorites are by CharliesAunt. You can find her on Etsy, too.

Anyway, bags are my passion right now. I am disabled and am trying to earn a little money by selling handbags. And I am having a ball choosing fabrics and trying out numerous patterns. For so long I only did apparel sewing; with the bags I am able to use luscious fabrics that I never had need of, or money, for clothes. Bags use so little that I can splurge - or find a remnant.

So I will be watching your blog.

Thanks again.

Mary

 
At November 23, 2011 at 7:05 AM , Blogger Reba said...

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your input and welcome to my blog. I'll look up the CharliesAunt patterns you mentioned. I love bags as they are easy to make, take little fabric, and you can sell them on Etsy without worrying about sizing. Fun! Hope you enjoy my blog, please post comments, other readers can learn a lot from your experience.

Reba

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home