This Page

has been moved to new address

Thank Goodness for Carbonite

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
R.Kay Design: Thank Goodness for Carbonite

Friday, October 14, 2011

Thank Goodness for Carbonite

Carbonite. Back up. Move on.

And that's what I did a few months ago. I signed up for Carbonite, it backed up my computer and continued to do so everyday since.

Thank goodness.

Yesterday when I got up, my computer froze while I was posting a comment on Facebook and when I went to reboot, it never booted. I must have tried restarting it 20 times yesterday, last night, today. Finally, I had the computer repair guy come out. He ran a diagnostic program and told me I needed a new hard drive.

Over the last 6 months I've been working on R.Kay Design. I have a lot of pictures and patterns I've been working on.  Believe me, if it hadn't been for the fact that Carbonite automatically backed up everything and I didn't have to remember to to do it, I would have lost everything. I know myself, I would not have taken the time to do the backup myself, I know, it happened to me before and I lost everything.

Right now I'm typing this post on my hubby's laptop while my computer is incapacitated until the repair guy and I can get back together tomorrow. I logged on to Carbonite earlier to see if my 'stuff' was there - it's there! Whew!

How much work, pictures, downloads, ebooks, programs, and God only knows what else, would you lose if you woke up tomorrow and your hard drive was gone? That might be something you need to think about. I recommend Carbonite, back up, move on.

Until later ~

Reba

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home