This Page

has been moved to new address

Back To The Drawing Board

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
R.Kay Design: Back To The Drawing Board

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Back To The Drawing Board

I had to go back to the drawing board with the new pattern I'm creating. It looks totally different when you make it with fabric than it did on paper. The measurements I thought would be perfect needed to be tweeked quite a bit. When I made the pattern in Illustrator, I made a curve the way I knew how, turns out, that curve was really hard to sew. I spent all Saturday afternoon making the curve softer and reworking all the measurements. This evening I made it in muslin for the second time - finally, it's starting to look good. I still need to tweek it a little more but for the most part, I'm rockin' and rollin'.

Next I'll have to work on the lining pattern and then the straps. But it's really starting to take shape! I'm so excited, can't wait to make it in REAL fabric, it always looks so different with all the interfacing and contrasting colors.

I also need to get busy with another project. Pellon Project emailed me last week and asked me to put a project on their site. I think I'm going to come up with a simple tutorial for a credit card holder. As long as I use their product, the project can on on their site. I think it's a great opportunity for me to get my name out there.

Lastly, I recently signed up for an advertising package at Indie Biz Chicks' website. I need to get busy getting the advertising materials ready. I have a deadline of mid-October but I don't like waiting until the last minute. I'm so excited to see my little business starting to gain some momentum.

Speaking of my business growing, yesterday was quite a day for the R.Kay Design website. About 9:00 a.m. I thought I'd check my AWeber stats (that's the email service company that handles my mailing list) to make sure the weekly update went out as scheduled and noticed a BUNCH of new subscriptions. I mean, it was 10 times the number I'd been getting on most days. I thought there was some kind of error! So I checked the blog stats and saw that www.sewforum.com had a link that people were clicking. I checked it out and low and behold, the admin the had posted a link to my Molly Handbag Patten and all those new sign-ups were coming from that link. Amazing what a well placed link can do for a business! Thanks Sew Forum! And by the way, Sew Forum seems to be a great forum for discussing and showing off everything sewing, I recommend you check it out for yourself. It's hosted by www.AllBrands.com, an online sewing machine dealer.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me along and here's to a long relationship. I love creating! One day it will be my fulltime job! You'll see, it will happen!

Until later ~

Reba

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home