This Page

has been moved to new address

Remembering 9/11/2001

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
R.Kay Design: Remembering 9/11/2001

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11/2001

Photo by: Dru Bloomfield
I remember that horrible day very clearly. My husband and I owned our own business and I worked at home about 3 days a week taking care of the marketing, graphic design, and the website.

That morning we got up as usual, sent Brittany to school on the bus, she was in 8th grade. Our oldest, Stephanie wasn't living at home but attended college at University of Houston-Downtown campus. Brent left and I went to my computer to work.

A short time after he left, he called me. I remember he said he was driving by the schools when he heard the report that one of the twin towers had exploded and that they thought a plane hit it. My first thought was that it was one of those small Cessna type planes that lost control. He said, no, I don't think so, go to the TV.

As I turned on the TV I couldn't believe my eyes and from that moment on the entire day was spent right there, in front of the TV. As I was watching I witnessed the second plane hit the other tower. It was surreal.

It wasn't long before I started to wonder if there would be other hits across the country. Should I go get Brittany out of school? What about my older daughter who was attending college class downtown? As soon as I could get hold of her I begged for her to come home. She declined but they ended up letting classes our early.That night we were just glad that we were together and all our family across the country, as well as our friends and neighbors, were safe. Our thoughts then went to all the families everywhere that were affected by this. It was so unbelievable, we were so deeply saddened.

Do you remember that horrible day 10 years ago? As I write this the memories are so vivid that tears are rolling down my face. I didn't know anyone that was lost that day, but the loss of the freedom and security we felt prior to that day as Americans was grieved. And my heart is still heavy for the thousands that lost family that day.

God Bless America and God bless all those who lost loved ones on 9/11. I will continue to pray for them all.

For other stories visit http://www.911tenthyear.com/tellus.html

Reba

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home