This Page

has been moved to new address

Sneak Peak - Ella Cord Daisies Handbag

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
R.Kay Design: Sneak Peak - Ella Cord Daisies Handbag

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sneak Peak - Ella Cord Daisies Handbag

If you've been following my progress with the Ella Handbag you know I've had a ton of problems along the way with my design process. I was just not paying attention on those days when I was working as evidenced by forgetting to put the handles on before I sewed the top seam. Where was my mind?

When working on a prototype for a pattern it's a little different than when you have a proven pattern and a list of instructions. When developing a pattern, instead of working from a list that tells me what to do, I have to work from experience. It's all in my head. I have to think, "What's the next logical step?" and then do it. It's really easy to leave out a step as my brain tends to skip ahead because I think a lot faster than I sew. Seems logical, right?

Anyway, that's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it!

The first Ella had the Wonky Weave thing goin' on, but I think with the next prototype I'm going to just keep it simple (maybe that will help my brain a little). I also tried adding a hard divider made with Peltex to hold an IPad. Peltex is a thick and stiff interfacing that can be purchased with fusible on both sides. It made a nice divider but it didn't work well when sewing the lining, it was too stiff to allow the seams necessary to make the bottom flat. So, with the next Ella prototype, I'm going to use a regular pocket for the IPad. And lastly, I think I'll add an outer pocket as well.
Finished Ella Wonky Weave

The picture above shows the fabrics I'll use for the next Ella, I think I'll call her Ella Cord Daisies. The main outer fabric is a 21 wale corduroy (21 is the number of cords per inch, very narrow, like pin wale)! Should be great for fall and winter and I love the subdued colors.

Hopefully I'll be able to move through the sewing of this one much quicker since I know where my problems are (and I keep my mind in check - it really needs to stop wandering). Then I'll be able to move on to writing the instructions. I'm really looking forward to getting this one out to the world!

Wish me luck!

Reba

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home