This Page

has been moved to new address

Tangerine and Tango - Yum!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
R.Kay Design: Tangerine and Tango - Yum!

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Tangerine and Tango - Yum!

I saw the announcement this morning that Pantone® named their color of the year to be Tangerine Tango 17-1463. I immediately went to my Pantone chart to see it in living color (I used to be a graphic artist, my Pantone chart was an essential tool) and it is as beautiful as I thought it would be. I have been in love with deep oranges for some time now, just look at my first Molly Handbag and then Molly Loud Flowers and then Uptown Molly, all had deep oranges in the fabrics. 

 

If you don't know what Pantone is, I'll give you a little info. Pantone is a company that has been around for about 50 years. I know them from my graphic arts days. Pantone provides color charts where each color and shade of color has a specific number thus standardizing every color. When you're talking about orange, there are probably over 1000 different hues of orange, ranging greatly with varying amounts of red and yellow. By giving each hue and shade a number, you can specifically pinpoint the exact color you need. This is especially important when printing on paper, fabric, etc. Because Pantone is such an authority on color, they use that authority to name a "Color of the Year".

 

Quoting from the Pantone website, here's a little more about the "Color of the Year" process and what influence it has.

About the PANTONE Color of the Year
The color of the year selection is a very thoughtful process. To arrive at the selection, Pantone quite literally combs the world looking for color influences. This can include the entertainment industry and films that are in production, traveling art collections, hot new artists, popular travel destinations and other socio-economic conditions. Influences may also stem from technology, availability of new textures and effects that impact color, and even upcoming sports events that capture worldwide attention.

I love this color. I've actually had to tell myself, "no" at the fabric store because I wanted to buy more fabrics with orange. Here are a few swatches I found on Fabric.com using colors that are in the same family as our new "Color of the Year". I would buy these in a heartbeat. What cool purses I could make from these...do you agree?

 

Click to Enlarge
Until later ~

Reba
 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home