This Page

has been moved to new address

Mod Metrics Result In Cute Purse

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
R.Kay Design: Mod Metrics Result In Cute Purse

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Mod Metrics Result In Cute Purse

I made a trip out to Hancock Fabrics today to see what's new. I ended up shopping their marked-down upholstery fabric as they really had a nice selection. I could have bought enough fabric for five or six purses because there was so much cute stuff and I was only looking at the marked-down items.

I ended up getting the cute mod geometric fabric in the picture for $7 a yard, yeah, I said $7! And it's 60" wide too! I found the cream fabric to match for $5 a yard. There was only one yard but hey, that's plenty. The other fabric is a quilting cotton for the lining, it was $4 something. And check out that cute button! It matches the feel of the fabric perfectly.

I was going to make an Amy Butler pattern but decided to take a look through the pattern books. They had McCalls patterns on sale for $1.99 but I didn't see anything I liked so I splurged on a Simplicity that wasn't on sale. I don't normally do that, I usually wait until they are on sale but I really wanted to get this started while I'm on vacation. The pattern I picked is Simplicity 2685 and I'm going to make View D. They show it made in only one fabric but I'm going to use a combination with the mod geometric pleated on the bottom and the cream on the straps and the band around the top. It's really going to be a cute one.

Today I tried talking in front of the video camera. It was quite shocking to see myself on camera. I'm definitely going to need to lose some weight in order to get comfortable. But who said I need to be comfortable? After adding make-up and about 15 tries, I think I got a good intro done. But it was still testing, I didn't know what to say so I didn't say anything right. but I think I got to the point where, if I prepare before turning on the camera, I could get out some instructions.

So, after talking it through with my hubby, and showing him my 'takes', I decided that I'm going to make this purse on video. I'm going to sew a little each day, not every day, but several days each week, and do a sew along on video. This will be my test run before I start making more professional sewing instruction videos to teach how to make purses and handbags using various patterns.

I'd love for you to follow along and make the purse with me. I'm not sure when I'll post the first video, I'm going to try to do some tomorrow but I'll need to edit the video and all. I'll post it as soon as I get something that you can follow and at that time I think I'll be able to post a schedule. Wish me luck! I'll let you know how I do tomorrow.

Also, I hope everyone had a blessed holiday and I'm really looking forward to this new year. I'm planning on growing this website with lots of info, video, and instruction and love that there are great people like you who follow along. I'd love for you to post below anything you want me to cover here or tell what you've enjoyed in the past.

Lastly, I want to share a great pic I took of my kitty. She really loved Christmas with all the paper, bags, and boxes on the floor. She just couldn't stay out of them. She's such a toot!

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

Until later ~

Reba

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At December 29, 2011 at 2:29 AM , Anonymous Priya said...

My cat does that as well Reba! Though he tends to do it with really small bags and looks a bit silly at times.

Good luck with the video - look forward to seeing how it goes.

 
At December 29, 2011 at 8:51 AM , Blogger Reba said...

Hi Priya! Yeah cats are too funny. You want to see a cat get into something small, check out the video on this page -

http://www.wimp.com/catbowl/

As for the videos, I worked on it yesterday but I seem so boring! It took all day to find video editing software that would work on my computer without spending a fortune. I don't know, I may re-record today to see if I can make it a little more animated. Or maybe that level of comfort will just come with time. I don't know.

Thanks for commenting!

Reba

 
At January 3, 2012 at 12:51 PM , Blogger path7401 said...

I know what you mean about avoiding pictures--but I am much worse off; loosing 15 lbs would be a drop in the bucket for me!!! If I have to take a picture of someone modeling one of my creations I make my daughter do it. But what is worse, after a few years when I look at a picture my first thought is, "Wow, I have really gone down hill since then" because with age I just get worse! So enjoy it while you can.
Good luck with the videos.

 
At January 3, 2012 at 8:06 PM , Blogger Reba said...

Hi Path! Yeah, I've had my daughter model for me before too, so I know exactly what you're talking about. That's why it's so weird doing the video but I'm going to continue trudging ahead. Thanks for the encouragement, I hope you continue to follow along with my new venture.

Reba

 
At January 4, 2012 at 12:43 AM , Anonymous susana said...

sigue caminando REBA SIGUE CAMINANDO ,porque no te veo por video,pero seguramente lograras que todos te veamos .cariños

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home