This Page

has been moved to new address

Heirloom Sewing - Christening Gown

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
R.Kay Design: Heirloom Sewing - Christening Gown

Friday, May 11, 2012

Heirloom Sewing - Christening Gown

Hi everyone! I've not posted much because I haven't been sewing much. But I'm starting to get the bug again. I still have the purse I started at Christmas time where I was going to make a series of videos, so I think I need to wrap that up. So that is coming up soon, and alongside that I really want to make this christening gown.

My grand baby is due on June 3rd. We're past the shower and my daughter is all ready for her little bundle to arrive (little does she know what it will really be like, she *thinks* she's ready).

Anyway, I'm considering making the christening gown and I just love the one pictured to the left. I found it on Ginger Snaps Designs website. It's going to be quite a challenge and I think I'm up for it.

Some of the skills I'll have to learn include:

  • tucks or pintucks
  • working with lace
  • working with fine fabric
I'll keep you updated, at this point I need to get the pattern, fabric, lace and ribbon ordered and purchased. Once I get everything I'll post pics, I'm even considering a video.

Oh, one more thing, check out some of these finished christening gowns on the Ginger Snaps website, they are absolutely beautiful.  Ginger Snaps Christening Gown Trunk Show

Until next time,

Reba


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At May 12, 2012 at 6:11 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yes! Yes! Yes!

 
At May 12, 2012 at 8:55 AM , Blogger Reba said...

I know, I'm kind of excited!!

 
At May 14, 2012 at 4:17 PM , Blogger Reba said...

I ordered the pattern yesterday!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home